In July of 2018, I revealed my favorite podcasts and I’m here to do the same for 2019!
Only 1 podcast from last year’s list made it to this year’s list, so you’ll be getting tons of new recommendations with an unintentional theme: shows that typically produce episodes that are 30 minutes or less.
So, without further ado, here are my favorite podcasts!
- Quick Summary: This is hands down, no questions asked my favorite podcast to listen to right now. Every weekday morning, Laura Vanderkam delivers advice you can apply right away—in less than 10 minutes. It’s my go-to show on my morning walk from the subway to the office and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a quick boost of inspiration before work.
- Favorite Episode: “Why Time Matters”
- Quick Summary: This is the only podcast that stayed on my favorites list and it’s because I absolutely LOVE Marie and her show. She usually alternates between shorter 5-10 minute episodes and 30-60 minute episodes with interesting guests. And, each episode really gives you actionable tips and tons of inspiration.
- Favorite Episode: “How to Motivate Yourself to Start Right Now”
- Quick Summary: This show always makes me think deeply and I walk away from each episode with my mind reeling. Host Kara Loewentheil is a Master Certified life coach, has a B.A. from Yale and a J.D. from Harvard Law, was a women’s rights lawyer, and combines that knowledge with cognitive psychology-based techniques to deliver advice that gets you thinking.
- Favorite Episode: “How to Increase Your Productivity”
- Quick Summary: This wellness podcast helps readers work through topics like habits, healthy eating, passion, mindfulness and much more. Each episode is under and hour and the host, Robyn Conley Downs always delivers her advice in a caring and informed way.
- Favorite Episode: “Inner Order, Outer Calm & Decluttering, with Gretchen Rubin”
- Quick Summary: When I found out the founder of Career Contessa was starting her own podcast, I was SO excited to learn from her on a weekly basis. Each episode of this show is under an hour and features well-known guests like Reshma Saujani, Laura Vanderkam, and many more.
- Favorite Episode: “Amanda Enayati: Managing Anxiety, Managing Yourself”
While the shows above are my favorites, I subscribe to many others, too. The list below are shows that are either new to me or can be a hit or miss depending on the episode/topic. Be sure to check these out too!
- The 5 AM Miracle
- 10% Happier
- Becoming Better
- Beyond the To-Do List
- The Confused Millennial
- Get it Done Guy’s Quick and Dirty Tips
- Grammar Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips
- Hello Monday
- Help Me Be Me
- Let’s Talk About It
- The Life Coach School
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations
- Pivot Podcast with Jenny Blake
- Savvy Psychologist’s Quick and Dirty Tips
- Simply Designed Life
- Skimm’d from The Couch
- Wise Woman Podcast
- Women at Work
- WorkLife with Adam Grant
- You’re Not Getting Any Younger
Do you love podcasts too? I’d love to hear your favorites. Share in the comments below so we can start listening with you!