We all have so much going on in our lives that it can seem impossible to find time to learn anything new. Podcasts solve that problem perfectly. They are a great way to keep learning in a way that’s fun, effective, and convenient.
Whether you want to start listening to podcasts or are looking for new hosts to listen to, here are some of my favorites:
The 5 AM Miracle
- Quick Summary: This podcast is all about getting the most out of your day before you even eat breakfast. Host Jeff Sanders’ goal is to help listeners “bounce out of bed with enthusiasm, create powerful lifelong habits, and tackle your grandest goals with extraordinary energy”—and he definitely delivers week after week!
- Favorite Episode: How to Steal Back Your Time with Tessa Sanders
Beyond the To-Do List
- Quick Summary: This productivity-focused podcast delivers engaging and actionable content to listeners. I couldn’t agree more with this description of the show: “You’ll be refreshed and inspired after hearing how others fail and succeed at daily productivity and continue to lead successful and meaningful lives.”
- Favorite Episode: Timing: Daniel Pink on Optimizing Your Day With Daily Rhythms, Optimal Timing for Tasks and Maximizing Breaks
The Chalene Show
- Quick Summary: Host Chalene Johnson delivers actionable advice for listeners about organization, self improvement, health, and more. Her episodes differ in length and format, but are always informative and enjoyable.
- Favorite Episode: Why You NEED Some Alone Time
The Daily from The New York Times
- Quick Summary: This podcast is produced every day by The New York Times and is a great way to stay up-to-date with the news. The 20 or so minute episodes dive deep into topics you need to understand and does so in a way that’s easy to digest.
- Favorite Episode: When Unpaid Loans Means You Can’t Work
- Quick Summary: As an editor and book nerd, this one is a necessity for me. Each episode is between 10 to 15 minutes long and host Mignon Fogarty dives into common grammar issues so you can improve your communication.
- Favorite Episode: Brainstorming. Call Out Sick? Synesis
Let’s Talk About It
- Quick Summary: The host of this podcast is Taylor Nolan, a Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate and previous contestant from The Bachelor. Before you dismiss this one after seeing the word “Bachelor”, I really urge you to give this show a chance. Don’t walk away from great advice on mental health, relationships, and personal development from a licensed processional!
- Favorite Episode: Is Self-Compassion Selfish?
The Life Coach School
- Quick Summary: While this podcast positions itself as a “go-to resource for learning, growing, and becoming certified as a Life Coach & Weight Loss Coach”, I think anyone can learn from these episodes. With topics like self-sabotage, being decisive, rejection, and lots more, The Life Coach School can and will teach you so much.
- Favorite Episode: Other People’s Opinions
- Quick Summary: This is my favorite podcast of all! Marie Forleo is so much fun and this award winning show is always has me wanting more. Some episodes can be as short as 5 minutes and others can run up to an hour, but no matter the length, I enjoy every single one. Marie gives actionable and fun tips on happiness, success, motivation, creativity, productivity, love, health, and tons more.
- Favorite Episode: Are You Ever “Done” With Self-Improvement?
Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations
- Quick Summary: Oprah really needs no introduction, but I will say the interviews on this podcast are always incredible. I love how intimate and deep each of her conversations is and I feel like I walk away from each episode with so much to think about.
- Favorite Episode: Lin-Manuel Miranda: Creativity and Compassion
- Quick Summary: Host Jenny Blake is someone I have been learning from and following for years now. Her engaging podcast delivers “intimate conversations with authors and friends on how to find opportunity in unexpected places through practical tips and tools.”
- Favorite Episode: BREATHE. From Burned-Out Bodybuilder to Yin Strength Trainer with Anders Varner
– – –
While I try not to miss an episode of the podcasts above, I wanted to share a few others that are either new to me or can be a hit or miss depending on the episode/topic:
- The 1-3-20 Podcast
- Build Your Tribe
- Dear Sugars
- Goal Digger
- Good Life Project
- Happen to Your Career
- Help Me Be Me
- Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert
- Raise Your Hand. Say Yes.
- Savvy Psychologist
- Skimm’d From The Couch
- Success Insider
- Switch, Pivot, or Quit
- The Thrive Global Podcast
- Two Inboxes
- Women, Work, and Worth
- Work Party
- You’re Not Getting Any Younger
– – –
Are you a fan of podcasts? If so, tell me about your favorites! I love learning from new people and am always looking for new shows to subscribe to. If not, which of the one’s I’ve mentioned are you going to get started with? I can’t wait to hear from you.