At the start of every month, I collect and review some of my favorite things from the previous month for you! You can expect articles, podcasts, recipes, recaps from the blog, updates on my personal goals, and more.
Let’s get started!
NEW FROM WITH CHERYL
- The Chalene Show, Episode 273, “Bedtimes Routines to Ensure Successful Mornings”: Chalene explains that a nighttime routine is the key to success the following day. Because this is something I’ve been trying to create for myself, hearing about the 4 steps (plan your day, have something to look forward to, fill up water bottles, and schedule workouts) was really insightful. (31 minutes)
- You’re Not Getting Any Younger, Episode 7, “You Are Not Alone”: With thought provoking questions asked right as the episode starts, I was hooked immediately. Expect productive insights on how to manage negative thinking and lots more. (51 minutes)
- “How One Word Restored My Life” from Oprah.com (4 minutes)
- “One of America’s most beloved authors just told us her ‘number one life hack’ for lasting relationships” from BusinessInsider.com (5 minutes)
- “How to Be Mindful Without Meditation” from Chopra.com (4 minutes)
- “The Purpose of Insignificant Relationships” from OnMogul.com (3 minutes)
- “What a Life Coach Tells Herself in Fearful Moments” from Oprah.com (7 minutes)
- “Email Guidelines for the World” from AlexandraFranzen.com (3 minutes)
- “Accept Yourself Unconditionally (Even When You’re Struggling)” from TinyBuddah.com (7 minutes)
- “4 Ways to Get (or Stay!) Motivated to Exercise” from Oprah.com (3 minutes)
- “These 6 Powerful Ways Will Help You Overcome Obstacles and Reclaim Your Power” from OnMogul.com (6 minutes)
- “Retrain Your Brain: How to Reverse Negative Thinking Patterns” from Chopra.com (5 minutes)
- “What is “Brain Hacking”? Tech Insiders on Why You Should Care” from CBSnews.com (13 minutes)
- “It All Matters” from AlexandraFranzen.com (3 minutes)
- “Author Kelly Corrigan’s Letter to the Friend Who Will Never Read It” from Oprah.com (4 minutes)
- My Morning PB&J Smoothie: I came up with this smoothie as a result of needing to get rid of the frozen strawberries in my freezer. My new go-to breakfast smoothie includes 3/4 of a banana (snack on the rest while you make your smoothie), 2 frozen strawberries, about 1 cup of almond milk, a little honey, a small handful of goji berries, and a nice spoonful of peanut butter. Combine all ingredients, blend, and serve! (4 minutes)
- Pico de Gallo: This was a Hello Fresh side and it’s now one of my favorite snacks to eat with pita chips. Follow Step 3, but don’t worry if you’re missing cilantro, I like the recipe better without it! (4 minutes)
- Avocado Pasta: This pasta dish is easy to make, tastes so good, and is really fresh. I would suggest using only 1 avocado and much less oil. The sauce was really thick the first time I tried it, but once I cut those 2 ingredients down, it was much lighter and exactly what I was hoping for. (20 minutes)
- Dove Dry Shampoo: The second I tried this new dry shampoo I couldn’t wait to share this in my wrap-up. I’ve been searching for a cheap and effective dry shampoo for years and this is the only one that does everything I need. It smells good, doesn’t leave your hair white, and adds a little volume! ($5)
- Simple Modern Insulated Water Bottles: As someone who only enjoys drinking cold water and being environmentally friendly, these insulated water bottles are a must. I have 3 bottles in 3 different sizes and colors and love each. ($10-$20 depending on size)
- Marc Jacobs Eyeliner: I’m not really a makeup girl, but I love this eyeliner. It goes on smooth, stays put, and comes off easily. It’s also super light and retracts so you don’t break it on accident. ($25)
- EltaMD Sunscreen Lip Balm: This chapstick is a NECESSITY for me as sun poisoning is now a serious concern whenever I’m outside for long periods of time. This sunscreen protects your lips and was recommended to me by a dermatologist. Protect yourself outside this summer—and don’t forget about your lips! ($15)
MAY GOALS IN REVIEW
- Daily gratitude in my 5 Minute Journal
- NOT DONE. While I did write in this journal quite a bit, I only did this 23 of the 31 days in May. Rooting for a full month in June (see my first goal for June below and join me for a challenge)!
2. Write 1 blog post a week
- DONE. From here on out, I won’t be counting book reviews as regular blog posts, but for the month of May, I did.
3. Get through all printed articles (I have HUGE stacks of articles and magazines that have been piling up for months now. I’ve decided May is the month I attack this. Expect TONS of article recommendations but no book reviews in May!)
- DONE!!!!!!! All the exclamation points are necessary because I am SO excited I accomplished this goal. I got through over 500 pages of articles I have been sitting on since January. Once I finished the last article, I felt such a weight lifted off my shoulders (and I’m so glad I got to share some of my favorites with you).
- CHALLENGE: Use 30 Questions for Self Discovery from Lavendarie as a writing prompt for journaling every day. (Check out my post about journaling for more info on how to join me for this challenge!)
- Only 2 commitments after work each week.
- Post a new article to WITH CHERYL every Monday morning.
2 thoughts on “May 2018 Wrap-Up”
This was fantastic!! I am looking forward to listening to the recommended podcasts and reading the articles!! Loving this 🙂
Thank you! I hope you continue to enjoy. 🙂