Last week, I was fortunate enough to attend my very first BlogHer conference in NYC and I was BLOWN AWAY by the speakers, panels, fellow bloggers, and general atmosphere of the entire event. This particular conference, the #BlogHer18 Creators Summit, was presented by SheKnows Media and focused on “celebrating the women who tell their stories to inspire and educate communities across the globe”.
I was motivated by so many moments at this conference that I wanted share some of my favorite quotes from the two days…
- “You have to become disciplined in making yourself matter.”
- “We’re everything to everyone, but nothing to ourselves.”
- “I do believe in hard work, but it can’t be at your detriment.”
- “I was such a doer, but i was so tired.”
- “Statistics are just numbers. We need to remember we’re individuals.”
- “We’ve changed from human beings to human doings.”
- “In stillness you’re able to really hear things.”
- “Success is living your passion and being your true self.”
- “Whatever you focus on is how we will feel.”
- “I work best with people who try to build me up.”
- “Consistency is everything.”
- “Everything is figureoutable.”
- “Clarity comes from engagement, not thought.”
- “The best way to start is to start.”
- “Whether I soar or I sink, I want to do it standing up with dignity.”
- “I want people to know there can be more to the story—and that’s OK.”
- “Great ideas will have plenty of service.”
- “It’s OK to say no.”
- “We’re all supposed to be here.”
- “Don’t be sensitive, be better.”
- “Ask yourself: are you actively part of the solution or are you low-key maintaining the status quo?”
- “Sometimes the people you don’t even know can cheer you on the loudest.”
- “I genuinely try to not let things get to me, but sometimes shit just lands.”
- “Words matter and so does your intention.”
- “You have to believe in and fight all fights, otherwise we aren’t going anywhere.”
- “Empathy is more powerful than sympathy.”
- “You don’t have to be comfortable, but you do have to listen.”
- “We’re here to amplify ourselves.”
- “No is just a message to work harder.”
- “The love for what you do needs to be organic.”
- “True beauty is what they can’t take away from you.”
- “What you give out is truly what you get back.”
- “You are here on this day in your life for a reason.”
- “Let’s create space where everyone can shine.”
- “If you want something you’ve never had before, you’re going to have to do something you’ve never done before.”
- “No doesn’t kill you.”
- “I didn’t know what I didn’t know.”
- “Identify what it is you are bringing to the table when you’re looking for a mentor.”
NAVIGATING WORK-LIFE BLEND
Alison Lewis of Johnson & Johnson
- “Define what’s important to you and act on that.”
- “Be comfortable with the choices you make.”
Tiffany R. Warren, Chief Diversity Officer at Omnicom
- “You can have what you want, but you can’t have it all.”
- “The things that bring you joy are where you should spend your time.”
Rachel Tuchman, Kaplan Hecker & Fink.
- “The default shouldn’t be you all the time.”
_ _ _
I hope these quotes get you excited and make you feel confident as you start your week!
I put some of my favorite quotes from this conference in bold, but I’d love to know which quotes inspired you most and why. Share below to continue the conversation.
Have an amazing week!
4 thoughts on “Get Inspired by #BlogHer18 Creators Summit”
I am going to copy these quotes to a document! They are fabulous. Thank you for sharing!!
Aren’t they wonderful?! I’m glad you enjoyed as much as I did.