At the start of every month, I collect and review some of my favorite things from the previous month for you! Expect articles, podcasts, recipes, recaps from the blog, updates on my personal goals, and more.
Let’s get started!
_ _ _
- Beyond the To Do List Podcast, Episode “Daniel Pink on Optimizing Your Day With Daily Rhythms, Optimal Timing for Tasks and Maximizing Breaks”: I loved this episode so much, I saved it to listen to again. You’ll learn about the best time to exercise depending on your goals, the importance of breaks, and TONS more (36 Minutes)
- Help Me Be Me, Episode 105 “Inner Unworthiness + Self-Judgment”: There are actually so many tools for fighting off negative thinking in this episode that I felt a little overwhelmed. Each suggestion is SO helpful that I recommend listening to the entire episode, picking your favorite tool, and listening to that section again so you can apply it in your own life. (31 Minutes)
- Career Contessa’s How to Boost Productivity: This quick video explains “The Rule of Three” and how to add this productivity tip to your own life. (2 Minutes)
- “The Top 3 New Apple OS Updates That Will Help You Take Back Control of Your Relationship With Technology” This article from Thrive Global explained some of the updates that are coming for iPhone users. So many focus around the idea of not letting technology control your life, so I’m really excited to use these. (7 Minutes)
- 5 Ways to Find Peace in Less Than 5 Minutes Read this Oprah.com article for quick and easy ways to make the best out of crazy days and/or moments. I loved that this article gave a few suggestions I’d never heard before! (4 Minutes)
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Chamomile, and Lavender: I discovered this face spray at Ulta at my friend’s Bachelorette Party in July and was obsessed with the smell as soon as I opened the bottle. I love spraying this on my face in the mornings and whenever I need a little pick-me-up now. ($7.00)
- Aura Cacia Organic Grounding Root Chakra Balancing Roll On: I received this roll-on Essential Oil in a Yogi Surprise box months ago and have started to use it more and more. I keep this at my desk at work and whenever I’m feeling overwhelmed I roll it on my wrists and a bit under my nose and the scent grounds me right away. ($15.99)
- Coola Organic Sunscreen: I love this new organic sunscreen I received this month. With all natural ingredients, no oily residue, an awesome mango scent, and great protection from the sun, this sunscreen is worth every penny. ($32.00)
- Rasa Spa: I went to Rasa Spa in Ithaca for a Bachelorette Party for one of my close friend’s this month. Not only did we spend HOURS disconnected from our phones in their tranquility room and sauna, but I had my first massage ever as well. If you’re ever in the upstate NY area, go here. The prices are amazing and you won’t regret it. (Price varies)
NEW FROM WITH CHERYL
- Bullet Journaling Part 2: A Look Inside My Notebook
- Bullet Journaling Part 1: An Introduction
- My Favorite Podcasts
- YOU Don’t Have to Do It All
- June 2018 Wrap-Up
BOOK REVIEW WITH CHERYL
TINY TIPS WITH CHERYL
- Listen to podcasts quicker
- One small change to drink more water
- Prepare for the upcoming week on Sunday’s
JULY GOALS IN REVIEW
1. 6 days of full AM routine
- NOT DONE. I won’t lie, July was a hell of a month. With a lot of unplanned personal situations on top of my already jam-packed schedule, I had a lot to deal with and my AM routine took a hit because of it. I do wish I accomplished this goal, but I’m choosing to be kind to myself after a hard month and look forward by setting a related goal for next month.
2. Train for Rugged Maniac 5K
- DONE! This was AWESOME and I’m so excited I was invited to this to celebrate my future brother-in-law’s birthday. It’s definitely not the last of these races/obstacle courses for me.
3. Send wedding invites
- NOT DONE. Unfortunately, our invites weren’t delivered in July, so we couldn’t send them out before the end of the month. But, they arrived yesterday and they’ll be going out this week!
1. Morning Routine everyday after August 6th
- I’m letting myself start up again after my bachelorette party. If you’re interested in my AM routine, take a look at my article, A Look Into My Morning Routine.
2. Daily Download at night
- I’ve been thinking about creating a PM routine for myself and I think think this Daily Download Notepad ($12.00) from Productivity Paradox is the perfect way to get started. I used it a few times before bed in the past, but I really want to make this a habit.
3. Make it through at least half of my saved Pocket articles
- In my May Wrap-Up, I told you about my goal of reading through all of the printed articles I have. Well, since then, I started using a program called Pocket that I absolutely love. It’s an easy way to save all of the articles I want to read, but don’t have the time to now. I have a large number of articles saved and I’m ready to tackle that.