At the start of every month, I collect and review some of my favorite things from the previous month for you! Expect articles, podcasts, recipes, recaps from the blog, updates on my personal goals, and more.
Let’s get started!
- You’re Not Getting Any Younger Podcast, Episode 34: How to reinvent yourself, find passion, and understand moments of failure: This is the perfect podcast episode to listen to on a day when you need to remember to stop doubting yourself. My favorite quote from this episode was “[Live] YOUR life the way YOU want to live it, not the way Everybody else tells you you’re supposed to live it.” (27 minutes)
- The 5 AM Miracle Podcast, Episode 245 Productivity Straight Talk with Amber De La Garza: Interviewee Amber De La Garza offers tons of applicable advice on how to become your most productive self and discusses topics such as scheduling, discipline, waking up early, and more. She also reminds listeners that “Productivity is a skillset that can be learned”, which I think is important for so many people to hear. (40 minutes)
- Stuck? Switch to “Play Mode”: In the first of two articles I recommend this month from the Time Dorks, the writer explains that in play mode you “just write or work on something you want… At the end, if you like what you’ve done, bring it in… If you don’t, discard it… It’s okay if nothing comes from it.” I love that this tactic takes the pressure off as I write and some of my best preliminary ideas have come from this practice.
- How I became a morning person (and why I decided to make the change): As you likely know from my November goals (below), I wanted to get back on track with waking up early for my morning routine again and this article helped me with just that. It also serves as a great reminder that if you are not a morning person right now, you can train yourself to become one!
- Kimkoo Gel Eye Mask: My husband came home with one of these for me after and event and I am OBSESSED. Not only does the cold of the gel feel great on my eyes after a long day, but it’s also great at keeping out light when it’s time to sleep. I’ll definitely be taking this with me on the flights for our honeymoon in December. ($5.77)
- XL Moleskine Dotted Soft Cover Notebook: It’s almost the new year, which means it’s almost time for my first 2019 Bullet Journal. As you may have read in posts, Bullet Journaling Part 1 and Part 2, my Bullet Journal is the best organization system I have ever used and you can check out my December Set-Up on my featured Instagram Story. ($20.56)
- Frizz Ease John Frieda Curl Reviver Mousse: Last month, I donated my hair to Locks of Love. This big change has resulted in me trying different products to enhance my natural waves. This is the first mousse I’ve tried and so far it’s been great! I love the price and my curls are definitely fuller than if I dried my hair naturally. ($7.50)
NEW FROM WITH CHERYL
- Effectively Manage Stress During the Holidays
- The Importance of Gratitude—and How to Make it a Habit
- How to Thrive During the Busiest Times of Your Life
- October 2018 Wrap-Up
NOVEMBER IN REVIEW
1. Get back on track with my morning routine by waking up at 5:00 am at least 15 days this month
- DONE! Physically getting out of bed so early is still not fun, but after reviewing my own advice in my very first post, How to Wake Up at 5am (Almost) Every Day, and re-applying some of my ideas (such as putting my phone on the other side of the room), I made this happen.I’m so happy I did too because I forgot how much I love early mornings dedicated to me.
2. Begin journaling again by participating in Calm’s 30 Days of Gratitude
- DONE(ish). So, I didn’t wind up following the 30 days of Gratitude as I had planned, but I did journal every day this month, which was really my ultimate goal! I’m considering this one a win!
3. Post on With Cheryl’s Instagram at least once a week.
- NOT DONE. While I am sad i didn’t meet my original goal, I am happy with my progress. I’m definitely challenging myself with this goal again next week.
- Add new post on Instagram at least 1 time a week
- Wake up early at least 15 of the days before our Honeymoon
- Check off at least 3 things a week on my “With Cheryl Research List” (pre-Honeymoon)