Hi everyone! It’s Cheryl again and I am so excited to be back after a month of sharing posts from some incredible female bloggers who I am lucky enough to call my friends.
Let’s get back into the swing of things with my usual monthly wrap-up!
- The Marie Forleo Podcast, Episode 190, “If You Care Too Much What People Think, Watch This”: I love all of Marie’s podcasts, but this 7 minute no BS episode might just be my #1 so far. My favorite quote/reminder: “Don’t let anyone’s bullshit opinions or judgments about what you can do or can’t do (especially your own) stop you from following your dreams.” (7 minutes)
- Whine with Kelly Podcast, Episode “Whine with Kelly x Lauren Berger”: First things first, I want to be right up front and say this interview was with one of my authors (because as you may know, I am a business book editor). And, while I love getting the word out about my authors and their books, I loved this podcast for many reasons beyond that. Lauren and Kelly had great conversation and plenty of applicable advice to share. This one is definitely worth the listen. (20 minutes)
- L’Occitane Lavender Hand Lotion (Set of 3): One of my closest friends got me this as a small wedding day gift along with the cutest travel case for our wedding rings. This lotion smells INCREDIBLE and I look forward to putting it on before bed and when I wake up each morning now. ($29.00)
- Plush Bathrobe: Diego and I put these robes on our registry and have been waiting to wear them ever since my bridal shower. Now that it’s cold enough outside for them, we tried them out and I am OBSESSED. I swear, if I could live in this thing on weekends, I would. ($50.00)
- Fly Delta App: This has been the year of traveling for me and the Delta app has made checking-in to flights easier than ever. All you have to do is open the app and you’re checked in! Oh and your boarding pass will be ready to go too. It’s so nice to eliminate both checking in and printing a boarding pass before leaving for a trip with this app. (Free)
NEW FROM WITH CHERYL
- Guest Post: Mindfulness—Being Fully Present with Ashlee Sade
- Guest Post: The 5 P’s of Life Productivity with Lori Rochino
- Guest Post: Finding Self-Love With Lauralee Laquis
- Guest Post: Negative Self Speak—Breaking The Vicious Cycle with Caroline Poe
- September 2018 Wrap-Up
BOOK REVIEWS WITH CHERYL
OCTOBER IN REVIEW
1. Keep our wedding and it’s significance at the top of mind. Don’t focus on or stress about the little things
- DONE! This one was SO hard, but I think I did a pretty good job keeping my eye on the bigger picture in the days leading up to the wedding. I won’t lie, while the day of the wedding was everything I had hoped for, the 3 days prior were the hardest throughout the entire process. But, I kept the bigger picture in mind when challenges were thrown my way and the end result was a beautiful day I’ll never forget.
2. Meditate every morning until the wedding on October 12th
- DONE! Well, with a minor change—I didn’t meditate every morning, but I did meditate each day. There were times where things were getting too stressful and as soon as I noticed that was happening, I took a step away and took 10 deep breaths by myself. Each time, within a minute or so, I felt more grounded and ready to tackle anything that was thrown at me.
3. Maintain my schedule at work
- DONE! Again, with a few minor changes. I did everything I could, but there were a few deadlines others couldn’t meet before I was out of the office and I adjusted my schedule accordingly (after taking taking another set of those deep breaths).
- Get back on track with my morning routine by waking up at 5:00 am at least 15 days this month.
- Begin journaling again by participating in Calm’s 30 Days of Gratitude
- Post on With Cheryl’s Instagram at least once a week.