At the end of each month, I will be wrapping up some of my favorite things from the last 30 or so days! You’ll hear about articles, podcasts, recipes, and more that I couldn’t keep to myself. You’ll also get a recap of all the new posts from WITH CHERYL and an inside look into my monthly goals, whether or not I accomplished them, and what I hope to achieve next month.
Let’s get started!
- Marie Forleo Podcast, Episode 109, “Lizzie Velasquez: How to Make the World a Kinder Place”: Lizzie is a woman on a mission—a mission to inspire people to be more kind and understanding towards each other. This podcast is definitely one to listen to if you need a pick-me-up! (Time: 29 minutes)
- The Chalene Show Car Smart Episode, “Why You NEED Some Alone Time”: In this episode, Chalene talks about the importance of alone time and HOW to actually make this happen for yourself. My favorite quote (of many) was “[Alone time] helps you figure out who you are or what you’re thinking.” (Time: 15 minutes)
- Marie Forleo Podcast, Episode 124, “Feel Like It’s All Been Done Before?: In this short podcast, Marie gives you 5 tips to stop you from thinking “it’s all been done before”. My favorite quote from the episode was “No one has or ever will have your perspective.” (Time: 8 minutes)
- Lemony Chicken Paillard with Sweet Potato Wedges, Arugula Salad, and Chimichurri: This was a HelloFresh meal that my fiance and I both loved. A quick note though: this was a large enough meal for me, but he was fine once he ate the chicken I didn’t finish. (Time: 30 minutes)
- Cherry Balsamic Pork Chops: Another HelloFresh Meal, but this was our favorite to date. There was tons of food, it was easy to make, and it tasted so good. (Time: 30 minutes)
- Lemon & Honey Salad Dressing: This dressing came from a HelloFresh box too. It was so light and fresh that I wanted to share. Whisk together 1 tsp of honey, a squeeze of lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper. It’s an easy dressing that’s perfect for the spring and summer. Just don’t make it on Sunday for the whole week because it goes bad. I learned that the hard way! (Time: 5 minutes)
- Neutrogena Rapid Clear Treatment Pads: I ran out of my prescription acne pads and these have proven to be a perfect and affordable alternative. No harsh smell and doesn’t dry out your skin. (Price: $6.99)
- Yoga Bolster: I absolutely love this thoughtful gift from my beautiful baby sister. I’ve wanted a bolster for so long and I’m so excited I finally have one now! (Price: $25.00)
- Young Living “Motivation” Essential Oil: This was another insanely thoughtful gift from my two best friends. The crazy price tag kept me from buying it for over a year, but I’m so excited this oil is now part of my morning routine! (Price: $50-$70)
- Leuchtturn 1917 Business Card Holder: This was yet another gift from one of my closest friends. She knows my love for bullet journals and the adorable gift jumped out at her when she saw it. Needless to say, I’m obsessed. (Price: varies)
- Rayban Wayfarer Sunglasses: And, last is yet another birthday gift, this time from my future in-laws! After losing my old sunglasses, they bought me not 1, but 2 new pairs and I’m so excited the weather is finally nice enough for these. (Price: varies)
NEW FROM WITH CHERYL
APRIL IN REVIEW
1. Prep for the week every Sunday
- DONE: This completely changes my week and I am so glad I took the time to do it each week
2. Tweet at least 5 times a week
- NOT DONE: I’m really struggling with this one. I’m going to try a new way of doing this each week next month. I hope it works!
3. Work out at least 3 times a week
- DONE: Whether it was dance, a long walk, yoga, Tone It Up, or running, I was excited to accomplish this one (especially the day after celebrating my birthday).
4. Write 4 blog posts (in addition to book reviews)
- NOT DONE: I wrote 3, which is OK, but I already set myself up for success here next month with a new writing plan! Fingers crossed it works.
- Daily gratitude in my 5 Minute Journal
- Write 1 blog post a week
- Get through all pending reading (I have HUGE stacks of printed articles and magazines that have been piling up for months now. I’ve decided May is the month I attack this. Expect TONS of article recommendations but no book reviews in May!)