At the end of each month, I will be wrapping up some of my favorite things from the last 30 or so days! You’ll hear about articles, podcasts, recipes, and more that I couldn’t keep to myself. You’ll also get a recap of all the new posts from WITH CHERYL and an inside look into my monthly goals, whether or not I accomplished them, and what I hope to achieve next month.
Let’s get started!
- 5 AM Miracle Episode 235: “High Performance Living with Niyi Sobo”. Niyi talks about his personal time hacks, which you can easily apply to your own life (including one I implemented myself around sleep) and he completely inspired me! (Time: 53 minutes)
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations Episode: “Trevor Noah: Born a Crime”. Trevor Noah has a very complicated family history and it was incredible to hear about how he grew up and came to be the man he is today. I loved how candid this conversation was and it was fun to hear about how he got his role on the Daily Show. (Time: 30 minutes)
- HELLOFRESH: My fiancé and I tried HelloFresh for the first time thanks to a coupon from a friend. We loved all 3 meals! If you want to save $40 on your first Box use code CHERYLRING at checkout.
- Kale Salad with Candied Pecans and Cranberries: Although this recipe included sweet potatoes, we didn’t have any in the apartment at the time, so I didn’t include. The dressing on the salad was so light and tasty and the pecans were SO GOOD. You can definitely use less butter and sugar than the recipe calls for. I did and it was still great. (Time: 20 Minutes)
- Grape Tomato and Avocado Salad: This is one of my favorite salads in the world. It’s so easy to make and so light. I’m a HUGE cherry tomato fan, so I always use cherry tomatoes instead of grape tomatoes. (Time: 6 Minutes)
- Cucumber Mint Cocktail: I wanted something light and festive for Saint Patrick’s Day and this drink delivered. I used gin instead of vodka and Sprite Zero instead of sparkling water. This will be one of my go-to drinks now! (Time: 2 Minutes)
NEW FROM WITH CHERYL
MARCH IN REVIEW
- Prep for the week on each Sunday
- DONE! I did this each week and WOW does it make a difference during the work week. I’m so glad I introduced this to my Sunday routine (which I will explain one day!)
- Finalize all blog pages
- DONE! This was something I was worried would never happen. Finalizing all of the pages took up a lot of my mornings during the first month of blogging, but I’m excited about the final product – and the challenge I put myself through to get there!
- Write at least 5 blog posts
- NOT DONE. I wrapped up 3 posts, this wrap up, and 2 book reviews. While I didn’t accomplish my goal, this month gave me great insight into what sort of timing goes into writing going forward and that is invaluable.
- Work out at least 3 times each week
- DONE! With a mix of dance, Tone It Up (my obsession, I’ll talk about this one day too), yoga, and running, I had fun accomplishing this goal.
- Track expenses daily
- DONE! This is another goal I’m so happy I set for myself. This was the first month I tried this and it really shows you how much you spend (or in my case overspend) on the small things each day. I’m definitely maintaining this going forward (and will share more one day when I give you a peek inside my Bullet Journal).
- Prep for the week every Sunday
- Tweet at least 5 times a week
- Work out at least 3 times a week
- Write 4 blog posts (in addition to book reviews)